Thursday, August 25, 2011

gratitude....

grati.tude/noun the feeling of being grateful or the desire to express one's thanks. [French gratitude or medieval Latin gratitudo from gratus thankful] - Canadian Oxford Dictionary.

....for my enriched life having shared it with Cayman!

I had originally thought that to mark the one month passing of Cayman, I would dedicate a blog to all the great memories that he has instilled in me over the past 12 years. However, the best laid plans can always change. So instead, I am blogging about gratitude and in particular my Daily Expressions of Gratitude project that I have been working on in the popular Instagram application. I can't believe it, but today will be day 86 (only 279 days to go)!

....for joy.

I have always loved the idea of journaling, but when it comes to practicing it, have never enjoyed it. Gratitude journals are not new, and after having read The Happiness Project, I was inspired to figure out a way to give thanks for all the things in my life (big & small), in a way that made sense to me, and in a way that I enjoyed - photography!

....to live in an illuminated city with arts & creativity.

Life is always going to be filled with pain, sadness, joy, jealousy, pride, passion and a slew of other fantastic emotions. It is whats makes life meaningful. Cayman may not be in my day-to-day life anymore, but the past 12 years of uncountable memories will always be. And I will be eternally grateful for that!

....for the music that keeps my soul groov'in.

So, here is a snippet of a few more of the things I have been grateful for on a daily basis. Instagram has been dose of photographic inspiration and I look forward to the next 279 days.

....for incredibly supportive friends & family.

....for road-trips.

....for life in its purest form.

....to witness the incredible outpouring of love & support for Jack Layton and family. Reminds me of one other political movement that I was honoured to be a part of.

....for continually having food for thought.

....for long weekends, the open road and singing at the top of your lungs en route!

....for self-expression.

....for being a "glass half full" type of gal.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jen

    It's been a long time so I'm not sure how your memory will see this but it's Chris the Aussie who lived in Toronto in 2002-2006. I remember we shared some really special moments. I saw you on linkedin then came to this blog. I am so so very sad about Cayman - I remember him so clearly in your beautiful abode. I hope you are doing ok since his passing. Your blog is very special, very inspiring and beautiful. I think about Toronto a lot. It's like my second home. I got married to a Toronto girl and we have a little boy. We are living back in Melbourne now. Anyway, I will connect with you on linkedin. Cheers, Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about Cayman. I still remember him pissing on my chair. He was a character! I had to put Elle down over a year ago. It was crushing. Having to make that choice was brutal. Yellow labs are so cookie cutter and yet so unique and full of personality!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...you guys are two blasts from the past! My blog has been a bit neglected as of late.

    Thanks for the nice messages, Cayman definitely is missed but I am happy to know how many lives he touched in his time with me. Hope you are both doing well.

    ReplyDelete